Learn to Scuba Dive right here in Myrtle Beach! Scuba Express at Express Watersports makes diving fun, safe, and easy! No matter your skill level, from beginner through advanced, we have the perfect dive class for you! Our instructors are friendly, patient, and highly experienced divers who will help you overcome any challenges you may face along the way. Check out all of our PADI dive courses we have to offer below, and get started on your learning journey to becoming a self-sufficient scuba diver!
If you have any questions or would like to speak with an instructor, please give us a call. We’ll be happy to answer any and all of your questions!
Not sure if scuba diving is for you? Our Discover Scuba program is for those interested in scuba diving without the investment of time and money needed for a full certification course.
You will learn the basic skills and safety with one of our professional instructors and then dive in to our on-site pool! $60 Pool Only!
Learn More about the Discover Scuba program
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba organization. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
$325 Class/eLearning & Pool Instruction (Books included); Certification ID card included if course completed with us; All Scuba Gear included
(4) open water dives (2 Charters)
Additional Fee depending on which site the Dive Boat Goes to.
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks, and time.
The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks, and many more.
$235 Complete 2 Core Knowledge reviews (Deep + Navigation); Pick (3) Electives (Wreck, Boat, Fish ID)
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
You may be able to get college credit for the Rescue Diver course – ask your instructor.
Various Rescue Scenarios
Take Scuba Diving to a whole new level! Take the Divemaster course to fine-tune your dive skills and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management, and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
Call today to get started on your dive career!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course can be credited towards the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) or can be taken as a stand alone course. You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What will I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- At least 18 years old
- Current first aid CPR certification
- Medical clearance
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
Please call the shop for pricing and details!
We offer a huge variety of specialty courses for you to improve your skills and pursue your interests as a scuba diver! Please contact us for availability, scheduling and prices!
- AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation
- AWARE – Fish Identification
- Boat Diver
- Deep Diver
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Drift Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Enriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Project AWARE Specialist
- Public Safety Diver
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Sidemount Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator
- Wreck Diver
Emergency First Response
Emergency First Response training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos, and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you start learning right away.
- Primary Care (CPR) – This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock, or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn to how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient, so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- Care for Children – This course allows participants to learn, practice and apply emergency care skills specific to helping infants and children with medical emergencies. It’s designed for those who work with children or are likely to have to respond to emergencies involving youngsters. This course is often integrated with Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses.
- CPR & AED – This course focuses on CPR training and teaching participants how to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). When workplace or governmental requirements specify this training, the CPR & AED course meets the need. This course is often integrated into First Aid at Work programs.
- First Aid at Work – In some areas, such as Great Britain, Australia and Canada, governmental regulations call for enhanced CPR and first aid training for the workplace. First Aid at Work programs designed for these areas include additional topics and skills to meet requirements while following the easy to learn EFR approach to training.
- EFR Refresher – It’s a good idea to refresh your CPR and first aid skills every 24 months, and that’s what the EFR Refresher course is designed to do. Focusing on key skills, the course allows you to stay up-to-date and ready to lend aid when needed.
Forget piano lessons. Enroll your child in Scuba! We offer youth programs for kids as young as 8 years old! The Bubblemaker program allows kids to see what scuba is all about while under the supervision of a professional dive instructor in our on-site pool. They will learn the basics of scuba equipment, the do’s and don’ts of diving and take their first breaths underwater!
Join the best of the best in recreational scuba diving and live the dive life as a PADI Master Scuba Diver. The Master Scuba Diver rating places you in an elite group of respected divers who have earned this rating through both significant experience and scuba training.
Please call the shop for pricing and details!